What you will do:
- Help drive product vision and manage stakeholder and founder expectations.
- Implement new features and deploy them to customers on an ongoing basis.
- Provide technical support to customer operations and customers and also gather requirements to make them more productive.
- Work in a cross functional team (Product Owners, UI / UX, Designers and Developers) in a highly collaborative environment where you will also speak to our users and often pair to solve problems.
- Work on the whole development lifecycle (discovery, delivery, testing, releasing, supporting and maintaining).
- Help the team champion software quality while being pragmatic.
- Work in a collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over your job title.
We rely on the following technologies:
This is not a “shopping list” of experience (or buzz words), so please don’t worry if you haven’t worked with them all (neither had we when we started). We are about finding the right tools to solve the problem, if you are willing to learn new skills then we are interested in speaking with you!
- Clojure and Node.JS to write our backend microservices (any experience of other JVM languages such as Scala or Kotlin would help making the move to Clojure)
- Event sourcing for application state
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Docker to run our services
- Terraform for our infrastructure provisioning and deployment
- React Native and Redux for our mobile applications
- We contribute regularly to Open Source libraries
You'll have an advantage if you have experience of:
- Working in product teams in the area of FinTech, Technology, Consulting, Retail and/or Investment Banking.
- Building beautiful products with sublime customer experiences
- Current best practices that we use, namely; Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as code, Microservices and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Continuously delivering a product using principles of lean product design and hypothesis-driven development
- Leading and facilitating workshops with both business and technical teams to foster alignment.
- Cloud computing, data science or information security.
- Mobile-first design principles and building cross-platform Android and iOS applications.
- Building an inclusive and diverse culture in which everyone can succeed.
What we offer you:
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn something new everyday
- Room to grow and excel within a disruptive start-up
- An environment that adopts industry-leading development practices
- An awesome team to be part of – we have warm, friendly and highly talented people!
- A friendly and multicultural environment with regular team events and ad-hoc social events to break the routine
- A modern, bustling office in Central London.
If this sounds interesting to you, contact Emily (email@example.com) for more details.