What you will do:
- Provide guidance to the teams.
- Constantly look to improve our processes and not settle for the status quo.
- Provide transparency to the executive team on progress against a roadmap.
- Provide thought leadership around technology and be an engaged participant of the Senior management team.
- Work closely with our CEO and product team to build innovation and market leadership in our respective focus areas.
- Hire top talent and be their coach - inspiring them to excel.
- Be a technical point of contact for the regulators
- Have shared responsibility for the technical side of the implementation plan
We rely on the following technologies:
This is not a “shopping list” of experience (or buzz words), so please don’t worry if you haven’t worked with them all (neither had we when we started). We are about finding the right tools to solve the problem, if you are willing to learn new skills then we are interested in speaking with you!
- Clojure and Node.JS to write our backend microservices (any experience of other JVM languages such as Scala or Kotlin would help making the move to Clojure)
- Event sourcing for application state
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Docker to run our services
- Terraform for our infrastructure provisioning and deployment
- React Native and Redux for our mobile applications
- We contribute regularly to Open Source libraries
You'll have an advantage if you have experience of:
- The ability to inspire teams to deliver.
- Experience in leading successful engineering teams.
- Familiarity with building cross platform mobile apps.
- An understanding of a variety of technologies
- Inspiring leadership skills with a strong set of values and a great communicator.
- Worked in the area of FinTech, technology, consulting, retail and/or investment banking.
- Experience in current best practices that we use, namely; Pair Programming, Continuous Integration, Infrastructure as code, Microservices and Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Experience in continuously delivering a product using principles of lean product design and hypothesis-driven development.
- Experience in mobile-first design principles and building cross-platform Android and iOS applications.
What we offer you:
- High degree of autonomy
- Opportunity to learn something new everyday
- Room to grow and excel within a disruptive start-up
- An environment that adopts industry-leading development practices
- An awesome team to be part of – we have warm, friendly and highly talented people!
- A friendly and multicultural environment with regular team events, drinks and ad-hoc social events to break the routine
- A modern, bustling office in Holborn
- And of course, an endless cornucopia (cupboard) of snacks!
If this sounds interesting to you, contact Emily (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details.